What We Fund
We focus our funding in two specific program areas
and review proposals using a social justice lens:
Education and Youth Development
We are committed to supporting community-based and community-led organizations that address the needs identified by the communities they serve. We fund programs in areas of educational, social, and economic life, to assist individuals’ efforts to become independent and self-sufficient, and to generally improve the quality of their lives.
Where We Fund
We fund programs that serve residents of San Mateo County.
The Board meets quarterly to review proposals and make decisions. Applicants can expect prompt notification once a decision has been reached.
Decisions made in March
Decisions made in June
Decisions made in September
Decisions made in December
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the grant making cycle or process.
- Proposals are only accepted from organizations serving residents of San Mateo County.
- Returning grantees should apply for the same grantmaking round as the previous year.
- If a proposal has been declined, organizations must wait one year to reapply for funding.
- We no longer have a pause year, effective January 2023.
- All grants are one-year grants. Applicants will usually not receive more than one grant in a 12-month period.
- New applicants are welcome to contact us to determine if their organization is within guidelines before submitting a proposal.