The mission of the Atkinson Foundation is to provide opportunities for individuals in San Mateo County to attain their highest potential in areas of educational, social, and economic life, to assist their efforts to become independent and self-sufficient, and to generally improve the quality of their lives.
Our submission deadlines are February 1, May 1, August 1, and November 1.
Please note the following:
- Proposals are only accepted from organizations serving residents of San Mateo County.
- If you are a returning grantee, please apply for the same grantmaking round as the previous year.
- If a proposal has been declined, organizations must wait one year to reapply for funding.
- Atkinson Foundation no longer has a pause year, effective January 2023.
Where & What We Support
Proposals will be considered for nonprofit organizations providing services in San Mateo County for:
· Children, youth, families
· The elderly
· Those who are economically at-risk
· People with mental and/or physical health conditions
· Those recovering from addiction
· Those affected by physical abuse